Frankston Precinct Taskforce Recommendations Released
Recommendations for the Andrews Labor Government’s $63 million revitalisation of the Frankston Station Precinct have been released.
Station Precinct Taskforce Chair and Member for Frankston Paul Edbrooke officially provided the recommendations to the Minister for Public Transport, Jacinta Allan today.
Priority recommendations include:
- improving Frankston Station by rebuilding the station, consolidating buses on Young Street and upgrading the subway
- improving Young Street by creating a high quality pedestrian streetscape
- facilitating development of council and state government land
- providing better pedestrian connections with key destinations
- creating new public plazas
- delivering a range of integrated safety initiatives
- improving access and management of car parking
The recommendations are the result of extensive community and stakeholder consultation undertaken over the past six months.
Funded initiatives such as improving Young Street will be developed this year, in partnership with Frankston City Council, with construction expected to commence in the first-half of 2016.
Other recommendations from the master plan will be considered by the Labor Government and used to prioritise investment for the precinct.
To download the summary of recommendations or find out more, click here or download below.
- Frankston Station Precinct Redevelopment – Master Plan Recommendations Summary (PDF 370.99 KB)
- Frankston Station Precinct Redevelopment Master Plan (PDF 2998.12 KB)
- Frankston Station Precinct Redevelopment Master Plan – Appendix A (PDF 286.44 KB)
- Frankston Station Precinct Redevelopment Master Plan – Appendix B (PDF 4023.41 KB)
- Frankston Station Precinct Redevelopment Master Plan – Appendix C (PDF 8224.71 KB)
- Frankston Station Precinct Redevelopment Master Plan – Appendix D